Welcome to the new All Things Family Blog Carnival. The weekly roundup of some of the best family friendly articles, tips and ideas from around the web will be hosted at a different site giving you the opportunity to find plenty of new reads! Pour yourself a cup of tea, kick back and enjoy the following submissions to this week’s carnival.
Let’s Get Creative
- Heather presents Make an Eight-Dollar Playhouse posted at Dollar Store Crafts and how to Make Felted Sweater Mittens posted at Croq Zine – The Blog.
- CraftFail highlights projects that just didn’t quite turn out likes these Mickey Apple Treats – “Oops, these adorable treats didn’t quite work out. Get tips for making cute Mickey Mouse apple treats – what works and what doesn’t.”
- Wendy presents Recycled Crafts for Kids posted at Craft Jr., saying, “This post is really popular at this time of year for kids with cabin fever.”
- Learn how to paint permanent designs on your t-shirt using supplies you already have on hand with The Incredible Painted T-Shirt posted at Make and Takes. Great kids’ craft activity!
- Annette presents Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions posted at Craft Stew, saying, “I’m a big fan of technology books written for kids. I first discovered them when I homeschooled my son for 7 years. Even though those days are now long past, I still read and use this genre of books constantly.”
- Wendy presents Winter Word Puzzles for Kids posted at Classroom Jr., saying, “These free printable word puzzles are great for sneaking language art skills into kids activities.”
- Does your sister in law love your pecan pie? Does your childhood best friend miss your “to die for” chestnut stuffing? Print out a few of your favorite recipes on a pretty recipe card stock – the Free Printable Recipe Cards are posted at Celebrate It.
- Crafty Rose shares 101 Free Craft Tutorials : Best of 2009 : Upcycling Resolution 2010 posted at Fine Craft Guild .com.
- Randa’s Printable Play Money at FreeStuff4Kids continues to be a huge hit with kids of all ages.
Let’s Have Fun
- Madeleine presents How To Muck Up Gift-Giving posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Pamela writes about The BEST Birthday Party Ever!!! posted at Blah, Blah, Blog.
- Charlene presents Big Game PartyTips posted at Snackpicks, saying, “Are you hosting the Big Game party for your neighborhood, family or friends? If so, you are now the Head Coach. Make sure you have a good plan and recruit a team of assistant coaches to make your Big Game party an easy win.”
- Shannon has even more great Super Bowl Party Ideas posted at The Party Elf.
Let’s Get Real
- Having health insurance is an important part of maintaining a family- check out finding affordable health insurance when you’re self-employed posted at Christian Personal Finance.
- Nara says “Sometimes, people can mistakingly believe their partner is cheating”. Find out abouth the False Signs of Cheating posted at Surviving Infidelity.
- June Tree tells the story of their winter family vacation in Walking In A Winter Wonderland For $1,300 posted at The Digerati Life.
- TSW Blog presents Managing Our Family Finances During A Jobless Recovery posted at The Smarter Wallet.
- Megan presents How to treat a sinus infection – by “cleaning” every breath you take posted at Sinus Home Remedy
- Jen teaches us ways to deal with the conflict of saving to make or tossing for sanity in There’s Too Much Stuff at Moms Who Make Stuff.
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of all things family (hosted at FreeStuff4Kids) using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.