Earlier this year my daughter discovered the Chicken BLT Salad Sandwiches at Starbucks and they quickly became her favorite snack after a long day of theater rehearsals. A few weeks ago I stopped by Starbucks on the way to pick her up and they were out. So, what is a Mom to do? That’s easy – make our own. And I’m sure this will be of no surprise to you, but our homemade version tastes EVEN BETTER than the Starbucks version.
INGREDIENTS for Chicken BLT Salad
- Diced or shredded chicken (I love using rotisserie chicken)
- 2-3 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
- Tablespoon of sundried tomatoes diced
- 2 small green onions or one small shallot finely diced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (of your choice – regular, low-fat, or specialty)
- Lettuce leaf
DIRECTIONS for Chicken BLT Salad
In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, bacon, sundried tomatoes, onion, lemon juice and mayo.
You can serve this a variety of ways. I eat gluten free so I just put the chicken salad on a leaf of lettuce and eat it like that, but my daughter likes eating hers on a sandwich with the lettuce.
Of course, you can add additional seasonings to taste, but I found that it doesn’t really need it.
Not only is this recipe just as good (if not better) than the Starbucks version, it is much less expensive to make a batch at home!