Making Kids Lunch Fun with Bento Box Lunches
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Part of the back to school fun for my kids is picking out a cool lunch box for the upcoming year. As my girls get older, they are wanting to move away from the traditional PBJ packed lunch and are more interested in having “real” food mid-day. Last year I picked up a few cute bento style boxes and they were a hit, which has put me on a hunt for some new ones this year.
There are lots of places to find creative food storage containers, but honestly, Amazon has the best selection.
Honestly, these are the best deal going – 7 containers with 3 compartments each for under $15 at Amazon. Mix and match, freezer safe and a great value.
Add some fun with Kotobuki condiment containers.
Or use different cutters to make cheese, bread, fruit and other goodies in to shapes with CuteZCute Bento cutters.
So what do you pack in a bento lunch for kids? Easy to eat finger foods like mini-sandwiches, pre-cooked pasta, veggies, fruit, and other treats work really well. If you are looking for some inspiration, check out these resources:
- 21 Healthy Lunchbox and Snack Ideas
- Bento Lunches – Creative Lunch Box Love
- Search Flickr for a TON of photos of kids bento box lunches
- O’bento Lunch 4 Kidz has the most beautiful pictures and creative ideas
- Laptop Lunches has ideas, recipes and an online store
- 501 Bento Lunches: 501 Unique Recipes for Brilliant Bento
- Hawaii’s Bento Box Cookbook: Fun Lunches for Kids
- My Lunch Box: 50 Recipes for Kids to Take to School!
Happy lunch packing!!