Years ago anytime I would make chili, I would ALWAYS make cornbread, but when I started eating gluten free that tradition kind of fell by the wayside – until today!! Why did I need to give up my favorite cornbread recipe? Thanks to Pamela’s Gluten Free Cornbread mix, I don’t!!
This is REALLY simple – are you ready?
Gluten Free Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread Ingredients:
- Pamela’s Baking Mix – Gluten Free Cornbread Mix (16 oz) (if you don’t find it in your local store check Abe’s Market or Amazon)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 can of corn – your choice – whole kernel or creamed corn (just double check that it is gluten free)
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles or diced jalapenos (I went with the chiles today since they are bit milder)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9×9 pan, muffin tins or a cast iron skillet – what ever you have.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients in whatever order you want. Mix until the batter is moist all the way through – still a bit lumpy is good.
- Cook in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the top and around the edges.
I made this about an hour ago, and honestly, it was so good, I just had to share this recipe with you right away. I think I will be enjoying the leftovers for breakfast – yes, its that good!