Coffee and chocolate? Yes, please! One thing I learned years ago, when I got my first taste of a gluten free brownie, is that gluten free brownies are so much better than their flour laden cousins – and add a little espresso kick to the mix and oh, how yummy!
GLUTEN FREE MOCHA BROWNIES
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Blend dates (in a blender) and ¼ cup water on high until it becomes a paste
3. Add eggs, cocoa, agave, coconut oil, baking powder, cinnamon and espresso; blend until smooth
4. Add garbanzo beans; mix on high until entire mixture is well incorporated, thick and smooth
5. Evenly distribute mixture into mini muffin tins (fills 30-32)
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes (until it passes the toothpick test); remove and cool on a wire rack
If you are like me, and want to take a short cut, try Pamela’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix or King Arthur’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix and just add the 2 T of ground espresso to the mix. You could substitute peppermint extract, almond extract, or add some walnuts to give your brownies a bit of gourmet flair!
Have you had gluten free brownies before? Do you prefer them from scratch or a mix?