So many of the sweet treats during the holidays are filled with stuff that many kids can’t have. This yummy sweet treat is Gluten free and super yummy too. Once it is made, it is great to put in jars or cute containers and give as gifts.
What you will need…
- 8 cups Rice Chex (Cereal)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or Andes peppermint baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small bottle holiday sprinkles or candies
How to Make It…
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter together and pour over all 8 cups of cereal in a large bowl that has a cover.
- Add Powdered sugar, close bowl and shake.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheets covered in parchment paper and pour sprinkles on the top.
- Put in freezer for 15 minutes then take out and mix it all together.
- Store in airtight containers.
If you want to give it as “Elf Snack Mix”, here is a free printable that you can download and use. The message share that it is “just enough sugar to get a tired elf back up to toy making…” It was created for my Laura Kelly’s INKlings Blog and you can find more ideas for it here.
There are lots of fun ways to share the magic of Christmastime with kids. Check out other ideas here…
…and enter this awesome contest for a $50 VISA gift card and a crafty fun stash!
a Rafflecopter giveaway