Happy New Year!! The Christmas Tree is down, decorations are put away, and now its time to tackle 2012 head on! The one thing that starts my week off right is a menu plan – without it, we are lost – we don’t eat right, it costs more money, and I feel stressed. So, here is the plan for this week:
- Monday – BLT Sandwiches & Soup
- Tuesday – Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken, Rainbow Salad (see below for recipe) and Sweet Potato Fries
- Wednesday – Sloppy Joes, Macaroni & Cheese, Tossed Salad
- Thursday – Angel Hair Pasta with Meatballs, Salad
- Friday – High School Swim Meet so we will grab subs on the way
At Christmas I discovered this amazing Rainbow Salad thanks to my super talented sister-in-law of CeliacFamily.com. The flavors were so refreshing and I think it pairs nicely with just about anything.
- One bag of pre-shredded veggies like broccoli, cabbage, carrots
- 2 diced apples
- Dried Cranberries
- Sunflower seeds (or any other nut for extra crunch)
- Bottle of Poppy Seed Dressing
- Toss all ingredients together and enjoy!
I have had quite a few requests for the menu plan template that I use each week, so I have made a blank one you can print and fill in for your family (Download the blank menu planner as a PDF file).
What’s on your menu plan this week? Looking for more inspiration? Visit Laura’s massive Menu Plan Monday link up for hundreds of menu ideas!