Looking at my calendar for this week is making me literally count down the days until my son can drive. Seriously, if he could just get himself places that would help. But since he is still a few weeks from that milestone, it means there are times this week where I need to be in two places at once. By planning our menu for the week, there is one less stressor in my daily schedule and the family will eat better. I hang the menu for the week on the refrigerator so that everyone knows what to expect and there is usually at least one-two dinners they look forward to.
- Monday – Ground Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles (rice for me) and tossed salad (recipe below)
- Tuesday – Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs Jamaican Rice and Peas
- Wednesday – Pizza and salad before we go watch my daughter cheer at the JV football game
- Thursday – Boneless BBQ ribs in the slow cooker, coleslaw or maybe southwest chopped salad, fries, corn on the cob (this got missed last week so it has been held over)
- Friday – Breakfast for dinner – homemade waffles, sausage and fruit salad
Here is the recipe I use for Ground Beef Stroganoff. This is one of those recipes that has been handed down from my Mom and the two of us have made it so many times, we don’t really use a recipe. Both of my brothers would request this everytime they came home from college and it was requested by my husband and my son this week, too.
- 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- Cooked egg noodles or rice
- Brown the ground beef
- Add the onion and cook until brown
- Stir in the condensed cream of mushroom soup - mixture will be very thick
- Cook on medium until bubbly
- Fold in the sour cream and cook on medium until hot all the way through
- Add in the bacon
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.
What’s on your menu plan this week? Looking for more inspiration? Visit Laura’s massive Menu Plan Monday link up for hundreds of menu ideas!