Quick Last Minute Gift: Ranch Pretzels
If you need a last minute gift idea for teachers, co-workers, neighbors or friends or an irresistible snack for the party table, check out this recipe I have borrowed from a good friend of mine. I added a Christmas touch – calling them Rudy’s Rockin’ Pretzels, but these are good anytime – for football parties, poker night, birthday parties, you name it.
- 12 oz. of Orville Redenbacher’s butter flavored popcorn oil (or light canola oil)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 TBS dill
- 1 envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 bags (16 oz each) of pretzels (oyster crackers, mini saltines and broken pretzels work too)
- We have made these with broken sourdough pretzels and we made them with Christmas shaped mini pretzels. We definitely liked the mini pretzels best.
- Whisk first five ingredients together in a large bowl and then transfer to a large ziploc bag.
- Add pretzels to ziploc bag, seal and shake so all pretzels are covered.
- Place in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes or so, stirring every 10 minutes until all oil is absorbed.
Once the pretzels were made and tested (oh yeah, they are yummy) we packaged them up in treat bags with our own recipe tags. My son made the cutest reindeer graphic for me so it had to be on the tag. Click on image below to view and print full size or you can download the tags as a PDF file.
These are so quick and easy to make and they will disappear just as fast!!