If you are looking for something different to take to your July 4th party this year, you should try these amazing Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers, or what the friend who introduced me to theses calls “Texas Firecrackers.” These are so good that they are usually the first item on the table to disappear – you may want to make two batches!
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers or Texas Firecrackers
- 8 large jalapenos
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Dash of salt
- Dash of garlic powder
- 8 slices of bacon
Makes 8 servings
Prep time 15 minutes, total time 40 minutes.
Be sure to take care when removing the seeds and ribs from jalapenos. Do not touch your face, or eyes after handling them. Thoroughly wash your hands and the work surface after preparation.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Split the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, the cheddar, garlic & salt .
- Stuff the pepper halves generously with the mixture.
- Cut bacon slices in half, wrap a piece around each pepper, or place on top.
- Place peppers on a sided baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the bacon appears crisp and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven, and let cool slightly before serving.
Use this recipe as a guide – you can actually get creative it with it. Don’t have bacon? No problem, the stuffed peppers will still taste yummy. Try swapping the cheddar cheese for Monterey Jack or Colby. As long as you have the peppers and cream cheese you are good.