Sick Day Sanity Savers
My daughter is home from school sick for the second day in a row. UGH. Today she is definitely feeling better, but she was still running a 100.6 fever last night so I am keeping her home again as a precaution. The problem is that today she has enough energy to want to do things, but I still want her to stay calm and low key to help her continue to get better. As a result, we have put the computer to good use today!
Here are some of my favorite places to find fun, educational, quiet time activities for sick days, rainy days, and mom I’m bored moments:
- Printables4Kids – this is a site I created with my kids for creating and sharing free, printable activities for kids of all ages. There are coloring pages, word search, word scrambles, mazes and more.
- FreeStuff4Kids – there is a wide variety of fun, free, and unusual activities at FreeStuff4Kids. It is another site made by one of my Mom pals and she is always finding the best activities!
- Seasonal Kids Activities – part of the new eMoms at Home expansion is a great resource called Seasonal Kids activities. Shannon has great ideas and plenty of pictures of fun things for the kids to do all year long.
- Easy Crafts for Fun – Bev has such a creative touch! Her site is full of easy craft ideas for kids and grown ups.
- Crayola Activity Pages – in addition to the store, Crayola has tons of great activities for kids to download for free.
- Highlights for Children’s Hidden Pictures – you can subscribe to receive free hidden pictures activities and free craft ideas from Highlights.
- Penny Whistle Sick-in-Bed Book: What to Do with Kids When They’re Home for a Day, a Week, a Month, or More